The incumbent plans, organizes and directs all functions required to oversee the Taos Pueblo Head Start and Child Care Program.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Five years experience in early childhood education, three years pre-school teaching experience and two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of preschool curriculum development, and of Head Start and Early Education management and programming.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and administration.
- Skill in providing leadership, supervision, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of Native American communities and sensitivity to culture and the family system helpful.
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License, meet and maintain tribal government auto insurance requirements.
SUBMIT APPLICATION/RESUME TO:Taos Pueblo CMS Human Resources OfficeP.O. Box 1846 1075 Veterans Hwy., Taos, NM 87571Ph: 575-758-8626, ext 124 FAX: 575-758-7308Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 05/10/2019
The position requires successful drug test, physical exam and background check with no felony convictions. Taos Pueblo tribal members are encouraged to apply. Native American Indian preference applies.