The incumbent plans, organizes and directs all functions required to oversee the Taos Pueblo Head Start and Child Care Program.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Five years experience in early childhood education, three years pre-school teaching experience and two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of preschool curriculum development, and of Head Start and Early Education management and programming.
- Knowledge of records management procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and administration.
- Skill in providing leadership, supervision, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of Native American communities and sensitivity to culture and the family system helpful.
- Valid New Mexico Driver’s License, meet and maintain tribal government auto insurance requirements.
SUBMIT APPLICATION/RESUME TO:Taos Pueblo CMS Human Resources OfficeP.O. Box 1846 1075 Veterans Hwy., Taos, NM 87571Ph: 575-758-8626, ext 124 FAX: 575-758-7308Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The position requires successful drug test, physical exam and background check with no felony convictions. Taos Pueblo tribal members are encouraged to apply. Native American Indian preference applies.