SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: Assists teacher in providing classroom experiences to enhance and promote the educational, intellectual, and social growth and development of children.
Taos Pueblo Central Management System
RATE OF PAY: DOE
JOB DUTIES: Assists teacher in providing classroom experiences to enhance and promote the educational, intellectual, and social growth and development of children.
- Assist the teacher in developing and writing classroom lesson plans.
- Works with individual children as needed.
- Assists the Teacher in providing stimulation activities and experiences in all curriculum areas.
- Encourages children to take pride in their cultural heritage.
- Prepares reports on child’s progress. Assists in resolving issues or concerns that arise.
- Monitors children’s activities and intervenes when needed.
- Accompanies and transports children on field trips or to activities.
- Ensures the cleanliness and safety of materials, classroom, and playgrounds by performing routine cleaning and inspections.
- Completes attendance records and accident and incident reports.
- Eats meals with children.
- Assists children in getting off and on the bus; provides transportation to children as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and CDA Certification.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Skill in administering disciplinary rules to children and resolving situational conflicts among children.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Ability to supervise and ensure a safe learning environment for young children.
- Must have valid NM driver’s license and meet and maintain company auto insurance eligibility.
Submit Application/Resume to:
Taos Pueblo CMS Human Resources Office
P.O Box 1846 1075 Veterans Hwy., Taos, NM 87571
Ph: 575-758-8626, ext 124 FAX: 575-758-7308
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The position requires successful drug screen and background check with NO felony convictions.
Taos Pueblo Tribal members are encouraged to apply. Native American Indian preference applies.