Taos Pueblo Central Management System
JOB SUMMARY: To work in accordance with Taos Pueblo Division of Natural Resources - Environmental Office and Environmental Protection Agency applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Incumbent will coordinate water quality program activities, monitor the Taos Pueblo water resources, and manage administrative and financial grants for continued funding and to assist in all Environmental Program functions.
- Performs surface water and enviromental investigation for the purpose of identifying, abating or eliminating sources of pollutants or hazards that affect the environment or the health of the population.
- Conducts environmental impact reviews according to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Natural Resorces Inventory (NRI) guidelines to include: field work, research, analysis, and report writing.
- Conducts fieldwork in aquatic and riparian habitants throughout Taos Pueblo and surrrounding area.
- Collects chemical, physical, and biologic data as required by terms of Clean Water Act Cooperative Agreement, following strict Quality Assurance procedures.
- Write grant applications and contract applications for the continued funding.
- Provides technical assistance to other environmental staff, other departments, committees, groups and community members on programs and projects.
- Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of activities by attending meetings and submitting quarterly and yearly reports.
- Coordinates information and education programs regarding the program to include promotional materials, newsletters, and educational special events; stays abreast of new and emerging technologies.
- Conducts environmental monitoring; chemical, physical, and biologic.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Chemistry or related field and three years environmental field work conducting environmental impact reviews.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license, meet and maintain auto insurance requirements.
Submit Application/Resume to:Taos Pueblo CMS Human Resources OfficePO Box 1846 - 1075 Veteran's HwyTaos, NM 87571Ph: 575-758-8626, ext 124 FAX: 575-758-7308Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 05/10/2019
The position requires successful drug screen and background check, with NO prior convictions of any felonies. Native American Indian preference applies.