SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: Serves as a resource contact point for Native American youth in the municipal school system that have not successfully connected with school or other community resources.
Taos Pueblo Central Management System
YOUTH OUTREACH WORKER
- Engages youth in the municipal schools and connects them with needed services, as well as collaborate with other community resources to coordinate activities within Taos Pueblo.
- Connects and engages youth in order to identify their needs, strengths and interests.
- Connects youth to a full continuum of prevention, early intervention and diversion resources such as employment, education, health/mental health, social/recreation, restorative justice and other services;
- Coordinates and assists Prevention Specialist to provide community-based prevention and/or health education events.
- Works with community resources to identify access barriers.
- Engages youth and their families with their communities.
- Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with youth in prevention or intervention preferred.
- Tiwa speaking preferred.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license and meet and maintain insurance requirements with the Pueblo’s liability insurance.
Submit Application/Resume to:
Taos Pueblo CMS Human Resources Office
Ph: 575-758-8626, ext 124 FAX: 575-758-7308
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The position requires successful drug screen and background check with NO felony convictions. Taos Pueblo Tribal members are encouraged to apply. Native American Indian preference applies.