SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE: Provides individual, group, and family counseling along with educational services for adults and youth. Works in an integrative team approach to provide services for the treatment of substance use and other behavioral health issues.
Taos Pueblo Central Management System
BEHAVIOR HEALTH COUNSELOR
- Conducts comprehensive interviews and assessments to develop individualized treatment plans.
- Provides individual and group counseling and education for adults and youths to address treatment issues.
- Conducts and facilities group counseling sessions.
- Provide and/or arranges for emergency interventions as appropriate for patients or clients in crisis.
- Prepares inpatient treatment referral packets for clients based upon level of care needed.
- Provides competent delivery of services for clients who have been diagnosed through assessments as having co-occurring disorders, medical issues, psychiatric disorders, and other psychological, social and family issues.
- Acts as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Assists clients, or oversees that community providers assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for or providing transportation to appointments, and providing support.
- Master’s Degree Social Work, Human Services, Psychology or related field.
- Three years of substance abuse, social work and case management experience working with children and families.
- LADAC, LMSW, or LMHC license.
- Tiwa speaking preferred.
- Valid New Mexico driver’s license and meet and maintain insurance requirements with the Pueblo’s liability insurance.
Submit Application/Resume to:
Taos Pueblo CMS Human Resources Office
Ph: 575-758-8626, ext 124 FAX: 575-758-7308
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
The position requires successful drug screen and background check with NO felony convictions. Taos Pueblo Tribal members are encouraged to apply. Native American Indian preference applies.